Phone manufacturers beyond the globe produced some amazing devices in 2021, despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Each phone boasts new features, improved designs, and alternate models to better adjust your preferences. These devices don’t come cheap, then most buyers will probable have to choose simply one. We’re reviewing some of the best smartphones of 2021 to help you narrow down your options.
The iPhone 13 (and its diverse models)
The newest incarnation of Apple’due south flagship iPhone was undoubtedly one of the well-nigh highly predictable new smartphones of 2021. The visitor traditionally introduces three or 4 versions of their latest iPhone annually, and this year was no exception. Apple released the iPhone 13, the iPhone thirteen mini, the iPhone 13 Pro, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max in September.
Each model varies in size and capability, simply many features are compatible throughout. Several standout features include:
- 5G Mobile Network adequacy
- 12-megapixel front and rear-facing camera.
- A15 Bionic scrap for enhanced processing power.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion bombardment with fast charge capability (50% battery with 30-35 minute charge).
- Memory capacity ranges from 128 gigabytes to ane terabyte of space (iPhone thirteen Pro and Pro Max).
- MagSafe compatibility and wireless charging adequacy.
- Face ID, 6-meter water resistance, and a ceramic shield display.
The COVID-19 pandemic created supply chain shortages all through the year, causing scarcities in every article from food to wearing apparel to phones. The iPhone 13 has managed to retain its value better than whatsoever previous iPhone considering of the ongoing global chip shortage. The iPhone 13 is pricier than previous models every bit a result of this shortage (a standard iPhone xiii costs $799), just its resell price should also be much higher than previous models.
While the foldable phone was initially a bit of a risk, information technology was one that Samsung boldly undertook. The Milky way Fold’s initial launch peaked a lot of interest, though it came with its fair share of durability and battery life issues.
Thankfully, the Samsung Milky way Z Fold ii was released in September of 2020 and proved to be a giant spring forward cheers to its larger front end screen, increased durability, and standard 5G feature. The Samsung Milky way Fold3 picks upward where its predecessor left off by bringing several new features into the fold):
- A 6.2″ folded screen and a vii.6″ unfolded screen.
- A new Due south Pen with 4096 pressure levels.
- An nether-front end panel camera and a rear triple photographic camera with Wide, Ultra-wide, and Telephoto lenses.
- 128 gigabytes of RAM with 256-512 gigabytes of storage.
- A side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Z Fold3 was announced on August 11th, then released on August 27th. It launched with a hefty price tag of $1,799, though Samsung also hosts trade-in promotions to brand this phablet (smartphone + tablet) more affordable.
The Sony Xperia 1 3
Sony released several premium smartphones this year, only the Sony Xperia ane III is easily a standout. This follow-up to last twelvemonth’due south Sony Xperia 1 2, maintains many of the same blueprint features equally its predecessor while also bringing new features to the plate. Xperia i II fans will be delighted to know that the Xperia 1 3 also has front-facing speakers, a iii.5 mm headphone jack, and grit and waterproof resilience.
The Xperia ane Iii’s potentially greatest feature is its camera; this is the beginning smartphone to possess a variable periscope telephoto lens that can shoot in 70 millimeters or even 105 millimeters. Other standout features include:
- An increased refresh rate from 60Hz to 120Hz
- A “21:9, globe’s first CinemaWide 4K HDR ten-fleck 120Hz OLED”
- Photo Pro and Cinema Pro modes
- The extremely powerful octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset
Many photographers and filmmakers admire the Xperia 1 3 and herald it equally Sony’southward greatest flagship smartphone yet.
The OnePlus 9 and ix Pro
OnePlus released their new flagship phones – the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro – on March 26, 2021. These phones initially encountered controversy due to throttling issues earlier this year. These issues have since been resolved, which allows the OnePlus nine Serial to smoothen.
Both the OnePlus 9 and both variants of the 9 Pro boast some impressive specs:
- A 6.55-inch (6.7-inch with the 9 Pro) Full Hard disk drive+ 120Hz display
- 8K and 4K video capture support
- A Sony IMX quad-lens photographic camera
- Water resistance for up to thirty minutes in 1.five meters
- Snapdragon 888 processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage
Most pundits concord that OnePlus has taken things to the side by side level with their pricier, still premium, OnePlus 9 Serial phones.
The Google Pixel 6 and the half-dozen Pro
The Google Pixel vi is 1 of the more affordable premium smartphones on the market place. Unlike many competitors such as the iPhone thirteen or the Xperia 1 3, the standard Pixel half-dozen has a dual-camera arrangement. Notwithstanding, the Pixel half dozen’due south strongest characteristic is easily its Tensor chip – a system that specializes in neural network machine learning.
Other attractive features of the Pixel vi and the 6 Pro include:
- FHD+ Smooth Brandish
- 128 gigabytes of storage
- A tactile blend frame (Pixel vi) and a shine alloy frame (Pixel 6 Pro)
- Wireless fast-charging and 24-hour battery life
- A fingerprint scanner and Titan M2 flake & security core
Google continues to impress with its line of innovative smartphones. The Pixel 6 and the Pixel 6 Pro are incredibly versatile devices that can compete with their contemporaries on fifty-fifty footing.