Set up: Install Camera Connect on a Smartphone
To communicate with a smartphone, the dedicated smartphone awarding Camera Connect (gratis of charge) is necessary.
- Photographic camera Connect tin can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. Install Camera Connect on the smartphone and so perform the procedures to establish the connexion.
- To apply Camera Connect, a smartphone on which iOS or Android is installed is necessary.
- When an NFC-enabled smartphone is touched to the camera before installing Camera Connect, the download screen of Camera Connect will be displayed on the smartphone.
- Delight refer to the related information section at the end of this page for details on the smartphones which can be continued with a photographic camera via a Wi-Fi.
- Interface or functions of Camera Connect are subject field to change due to application improvements or updates. In such a instance, features may differ from the sample screens or operation instructions shown here.
Step i: Connect the Photographic camera and Smartphone (Bones Setup)
1. Plow on the camera.
- Set the camera’s power switch to <ON>.
2. Select [Communication settings] under the [
- Press the photographic camera’due south <Card> push to display the menu.
iii. Select [Congenital-in wireless settings].
4. Select [Wi-Fi/NFC].
5. Select [Enable].
When this setting is selected for the first time, a screen to annals a nickname (identification proper name) is displayed.
When the camera is connected to another device wirelessly, the nickname will exist displayed on the device. Be sure to set a nickname as otherwise you cannot set the wireless functions.
Select [OK] and enter a nickname. (You can enter between i to 10 characters.)
When you are finished, printing the <MENU> push button.
Select [OK] on the confirmation dialog and press <
*For details on how to use the keyboard, refer to “Operation Reference: Virtual Keyboard Operation”.
The bones setup is now consummate. The steps later this differ depending on the connection method.
When the smartphone is NFC-enabled, become to “Pace 2-A: Connect the Photographic camera and Smartphone (Connect via NFC)”.
When the smartphone is not NFC-enabled, go to “Stride 2-B: Connect the Camera and Smartphone (Connect Wirelessly)”.
Step 2-A: Connect the Photographic camera and Smartphone (Connect via NFC)
If your Camera Connect version is 2.7.x or afterward, check the Android Bone version of your smartphone. If the version is 10.0 or afterward, the camera firmware must be up to engagement to take advantage of NFC functionality. You tin download the latest firmware from the Catechism website.
1. NFC-enabled smartphones can be connected by touching them to the camera.
- The performance flow is every bit follows.
Turn on the camera and smartphone.
Enable the NFC function on the camera and smartphone.
Touch the smartphone to the camera and so that they come up into contact with each other.
Camera Connect starts on the smartphone and establishes a connectedness.
When a bulletin indicating the connection is being established is displayed on the camera’s LCD monitor, move the smartphone away from the photographic camera.
When a connection is established, the screen beneath will announced on the camera’s LCD monitor.*
The device name set on Camera Connect
*When connecting to the same smartphone, this screen will not appear again.
two. Save the connection settings.
> to select [OK], and then press <
After a connection message is displayed, the [
Wi-Fi on] screen will appear.
Subsequently the camera operation is complete, the main window of Camera Connect will be displayed on the smartphone.
- When touching the smartphone to the camera, be careful not to drop the camera or smartphone.
- Practice not touch the smartphone to the camera with too much force. Doing so tin scratch the camera or smartphone.
- Just holding the smartphone shut to the mark may non institute a connectedness. Exist sure to touch the mark with the smartphone so that they come into contact with each other.
- Recognition may be difficult depending on the smartphone. Touch slowly while changing the position or rotating horizontally.
- Some other application on the smartphone may start, depending on how you lot touch. Check the position of the
mark, then impact once more.
- When touching the smartphone to the camera, exercise not leave anything betwixt the photographic camera and smartphone. In addition, when a instance is fastened to the camera or smartphone, communication may non be possible via NFC function.
- This camera cannot be connected to other NFC-enabled cameras or printers using the NFC function.
- The camera cannot be connected to 2 or more than smartphones at the same time.
- By default, the connection settings via the NFC function are saved as the fourth setting (a setting dedicated to NFC connection) nether the name [SET4(NFC)]. When you connect the camera to another smartphone via NFC, [SET4(NFC)] will be overwritten.
- While continued, the camera’southward Motorcar ability off does non office.
- NFC-enabled smartphones tin can besides exist connected by selecting [Piece of cake connection] or [Select a network].
- You can check or alter the device name on the setting screen of Camera Connect.
The setup for connecting to the smartphone is at present completed. Go to ” Stride iii: View and Save Images On the Smartphone”.
Step 2-B: Connect the Photographic camera and Smartphone (Connect Wirelessly)
i. Select [Advice settings].
two. Select [Congenital-in wireless settings].
3. Select [Wi-Fi function].
4. Select [Enable].
v. Select [Wi-Fi function].
seven. Select [Like shooting fish in a barrel connection].
- Select [OK] and press <
> to become to the next screen.
8. Operate the smartphone and connect it to the camera.
- Actuate the smartphone’s Wi-Fi function, so select the SSID (network name) displayed on the camera’due south LCD monitor.
- For the password, enter the encryption cardinal displayed on the camera’southward LCD monitor.
SSID (Network name)
- When connecting by selecting [Easy connection], “_Canon0A” is displayed at the terminate of the SSID.
9. When the screen below is displayed, beginning Camera Connect on the smartphone.
10. Select and touch the camera to connect to from [Cameras] on Camera Connect.
- When a connection is established, the screen below volition appear on the camera’due south LCD monitor.
The device proper noun set on Camera Connect
11. Plow the <
> dial to select [ OK ], and then press <
- Later a bulletin is displayed, the [
Wi-Fi on] screen will appear.
After the photographic camera operation is complete, the principal window of Camera Connect will be displayed on the smartphone.
The setup for connecting to the smartphone is now completed. Go to ” Step 3: View and Save Images On the Smartphone”.
Pace 3: View and Save Images On the Smartphone
1. On the Photographic camera Connect menu screen on the smartphone, cull [Images on camera].
2. Use your smartphone to save images from the camera to the smartphone.
When the camera and smartphone are connected, a list of images in the camera appears in “Camera Connect”. Tap the [
] button at the bottom of the screen.
3. When the pick screen appears, select the images you wish to save () and so tap [Save] () on the bottom right side of the screen.
The selected images are saved to the smartphone.
4. When the images have been saved, tap the dwelling house button on the top left to return to the menu screen.
5. To end the connection, tap the [
] icon on the top right, and then tap [Yeah] on the confirmation screen.
Sending images to a smartphone via wireless LAN is at present consummate.
* Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
- When you specify viewable images, the Camera Connect functions are restricted.
- While continued, a picture show cannot be taken even if the photographic camera’s shutter button is pressed.
- Depending on the connection status, image display may become slower.
- The connection volition end if yous set the Live View shooting/Movie shooting switch to [
], plough the mode punch, or open the carte du jour slot cover or battery compartment comprehend.
- When saving RAW images to a smartphone, they are saved as JPEG images.
- While connected, disabling the smartphone’south power saving function is recommended.
Operation Reference: Virtual Keyboard Operation
For details on keyboard operation when registering a nickname (identification name) of the camera, refer to the following.
Yous can change the nickname subsequently on the [General sett.] screen.