You can shoot while viewing the image on the camera’south LCD monitor. This is called “Alive View shooting”.
This article explains how to change the focus mode during Alive View shooting. For details on how to use Live View shooting easily with the default settings, refer to the related data.
Notation that the shooting process is slightly different for still photos and movies. To shoot notwithstanding photos, refer to the instructions for all the same photos. To shoot movies, refer to the instructions for movies.
Part I Preparing for Live View Shooting
1. Set the camera’s power switch to <ON>.
2. Plow the mode dial.
- All the same photo shooting is possible in every fashion except pic shooting fashion.
- To shoot a pic, prepare <
> (movie shooting mode).
To focus on the subject using AF (autofocus), go to Role Two. To focus on the subject field using MF (manual focus) get toPart III . The procedures in Office Two and Part Three utilise to both still photo shooting and moving-picture show shooting.
Part II Switching the AF Method
3. Fix the lens’due south focus mode switch to <AF>.
4. Check that the camera is prepared to shoot, and and so press the <Carte> push button.
v. Select the menu tab with the <
> cross keys.
- To shoot still photos, select the [
] tab, and then set [Alive View shoot.] to [Enable].
*In Bones Zone modes, these menu options are displayed under the [
- To shoot a movie, select the [
6. Select [AF method], then printing <
7. Select the AF method item, then press <
If you press the <
> button while an image is displayed on the LCD monitor, the Quick Command screen, for selecting the AF method and other settings, appears. For details, refer to the user manual.
viii. Select the image-recording quality for still photos or the recording size for movies.
For details most image-recording quality for nevertheless photos and recording size and frame rate for movies, refer to the Instruction Manual included with the photographic camera.
9. Press the <
> (Alive View shooting/Movie shooting) button when shooting nonetheless photos, or the <Menu> push when shooting movies, to leave the menu. The Live View epitome will appear on the LCD monitor.
Still Photo Shooting
Keep to ane of the following procedures, depending on which AF method y’all select.
Part Ii-one Focusing with AF (FlexiZone – Single)
Part Ii-2 Focusing with AF (Face detection Alive Mode)
Part Ii-iii Focusing with AF (Quick mode)
Role II-1 Focusing with AF (FlexiZone – Single)
With [FlexiZone – Single], the image sensor is used to focus. Although AF is possible with the Live View image displayed, the AF performance will take longer than with [Quick fashion].
Also, achieving focus may be more difficult than with [Quick manner].
[FlexiZone – Unmarried] is selected in default settings.
11. Aim the AF point over the subject and printing the shutter button halfway. (Hold the button at the halfway point.)
- Autofocus starts, and when focus is achieved, the AF point will turn greenish and the beeper will sound.
- If focus is not accomplished, the AF point volition turn orange.
Part Two-ii Focusing with AF (Face up detection Live Mode)
(Face detection) Live Style ], the camera detects and focuses on homo faces with the same AF method as [FlexiZone – Unmarried]. Have the person whose picture you want to have confront the photographic camera.
10. Focus on the field of study’s face.
xi. When you press the shutter button halfway, the photographic camera volition focus on the face covered past the [
- When focus is achieved, the AF point will turn green and the beeper will audio.
- If focus is non accomplished, the AF point volition turn orangish.
- If a face up cannot be detected, the AF indicate [
] will be displayed and AF volition be executed at the center.
Cautions When Shooting with [
(Confront detection) Live Mode ]
Role Ii-3 Focusing with AF (Quick style)
For [Quick Way], the dedicated AF sensor is used to focus in One-Shot AF, using the same AF method as with viewfinder shooting.
Although yous tin focus on the target subject quickly, the Live View image will exist interrupted momentarily during the AF operation.
You can utilise nine AF points to focus (automatic selection). You can also select i AF betoken to focus and focus only on the area covered by that AF point (transmission selection).
10. The minor boxes on the screen are the AF points
, and the larger box is the magnifying frame
11. Printing the <
> button to display the Quick Control screen. The settable functions will be displayed on the left of the screen.
12. Select an AF betoken. Press the <
> keys to make the AF point selectable, then turn the <
> dial to select the AF bespeak.
13. Aim the AF betoken over the subject and press the shutter button halfway. (Keep the button held downward.)
xiv. The Live View image will turn off, the reflex mirror will get back downwardly, and AF will be executed. (No film is taken.)
- When focus is achieved, the AF point that accomplished focus will plough dark-green and the Alive View image will reappear.
- If focus is not accomplished, the AF point volition turn orangish and blink.
Role Three Focusing with MF (Manual Focus)
You lot can magnify the image and focus precisely with manual focus.
3. After procedures ane through 2, set the lens’s focus mode switch to <MF>.
four. To shoot all the same photos, press the <
> (Alive View shooting/Movie shooting) push while the camera is ready to shoot. To shoot movies, set the camera’s Mode Dial to a <
> (Movie fashion).
5. The image volition announced on the LCD monitor.
Plough the lens focusing ring to focus roughly.
6. Use the <
> cross keys to move the magnifying frame
to the position where you desire to focus.
> to render the magnifying frame to the center. (If C.Fn-ix is set up, hold down the <
> button and printing <
7. Printing the <
> (magnify) button to magnify the frame.
Each time you printing the <
> push, the magnification of the image will change in the post-obit sequence:
Normal view -> approx. 5x -> approx. 10x -> Normal view
8. While looking at the magnified prototype on the LCD monitor, turn the lens’south focusing band to focus manually.
Magnified surface area position
9. Afterward achieving focus, press the <
> (magnify) push button to return to the normal view and cheque the limerick.
Role Iv Taking the Film
Afterwards achieving focus in Part II and Part III, accept a moving-picture show.
To shoot a still photograph, printing the shutter push completely.
- The picture is taken and the captured image is displayed on the LCD monitor.
- When the playback brandish ends, the photographic camera will return to Live View shooting automatically.
During flick shooting, printing the <
General Live View Shooting Cautions
Be sure to observe the post-obit cautions during Live View shooting.
Practise not hold the camera in the aforementioned position for long periods of time.
Even if the camera does non feel too hot, prolonged contact with the same body part may cause skin redness or blistering due to low-temperature contact burns. Using a tripod is recommended for people with circulation problems or very sensitive skin, or when using the camera in very hot places.
- Nether low- or vivid-light weather, the Live View image may not reflect the effulgence of the captured paradigm.
- Even if a depression ISO speed is prepare, noise may exist noticeable in the displayed Live View image under low light. However, when you shoot, the image recorded will have less racket. (The paradigm quality of the Live View image is different from that of the recorded prototype.)
- If the low-cal source (illumination) within the image changes, the screen may flicker. If this happens, exit Live View shooting and resume Live View shooting under the bodily calorie-free source.
- If yous bespeak the camera in a different direction, it may throw off the Live View epitome’s right brightness momentarily. Wait until the effulgence level stabilizes before shooting.
- If there is a very bright light source in the image, the brilliant area may appear black on the LCD monitor. All the same, the actual captured image volition correctly show the bright expanse.
- In low light, if you set the [
: LCD brightness] to a vivid setting, noise or irregular colors may appear in the Alive View image. However, the noise or irregular colors will non be recorded in the captured image.
- When you magnify the image, the image sharpness may look more than pronounced than in the bodily image.
- During Live View shooting, certain Custom Function settings will not accept effect.
For details on Custom Function settings, refer to the instruction transmission supplied with the camera.
- During Live View shooting, focus preset for super telephoto lenses cannot be used.
- FE lock volition non work if the built-in flash or an external Speedlite is used. Modeling flash will not work if an external Speedlite is used.
- When yous shoot at high ISO speeds, noise (such as dots of light and banding) may become noticeable.
- Shooting in high temperatures may cause dissonance and irregular colors in the image.
- If Alive View shooting is used continuously for a prolonged period, the camera’s internal temperature may rise, and epitome quality may deteriorate. E’er go out Alive View shooting when you are not shooting.
- If y’all shoot a long exposure while the camera’s internal temperature is loftier, image quality may deteriorate. Exit Alive View shooting and wait a few minutes earlier shooting once again.
] and Ruddy [
] Internal Temperature Warning Icons
- If yous take the picture in magnified view, the exposure may not come out as desired. Return to the normal view earlier taking the picture show. In magnified view, the shutter speed and aperture will exist displayed in orangish. Fifty-fifty if you take the picture in magnified view, the image surface area for the normal view will exist captured.
- If yous use a TS-E lens (except the TS-E17mm f/4L or TS-E24mm f/3.5L II) and shift or tilt the lens or use an Extension Tube, the standard exposure may non be obtained or an irregular exposure may result.
Notes for [FlexiZone – Single] and [
- Focusing will take longer than with [Quick style].
- Even when focus is achieved, pressing the shutter button halfway will focus once more.
- You cannot focus on a moving subject continuously.
- The epitome brightness may change during and after the AF operation.
- If the light source (illumination) changes while the Live View image is displayed, the screen may flicker and focusing may be hard. If this happens, leave Live View shooting and perform AF nether the actual light source nether which you are shooting.
Playback and TV Connection
- If you connect the camera to a Tv set with an HDMI cable and shoot a movie at [1920×1080] or [1280×720], the movie being shot will be displayed in a small size on the Telly prepare. The movie volition still be recorded in the pic-recording size that was gear up.
- If you connect the camera to a TV fix and shoot a movie, the Tv set prepare volition non output any sound while shooting. However, the sound will exist properly recorded.
For details on how to connect the camera to a Tv set set, refer to the instruction manual provided with the camera.