Adobe has announced Photoshop CS6 and CS6 Extended as part of its latest suite of creative packages. The latest version includes all the features seen in the recent public beta, including a content-aware move, video editing, the mistiness gallery and Adobe Camera Raw 7, which features a revised series of controls. More than than always Adobe is pushing its subscription option and Cyberspace-based Artistic Deject service. Prices range from $999/£794 ex VAT to buy Photoshop CS6 Extended down to $xix.99/£fourteen.29 ex VAT per month for an annual subscription of the basic version.
We’ve already published several articles, looking at the additional features that have been introduced as part of CS6:
Click here to read our Photoshop CS6 features overview
Click here to notice out more than well-nigh how to use the Blur Gallery
– a serial of tools to simulate photographic blur
click here to read almost the added flexibility that comes from the revised tools brought to Adobe Camera Raw 7 and Photoshop Lightroom 4 as part of the ‘Process Version 2012’ update.
Adobe Unveils Fast, Feature-Packed Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended
London, Great britain — Apr 23, 2012
Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended software, major releases of the undisputed standard for professional digital imaging. Packed with new features and enhancements, the software includes groundbreaking innovations and unparalleled functioning breakthroughs that expand the frontiers of imaging science, and deliver new levels of creativity and increased efficiency. Photoshop CS6 Extended integrates the state-of-the-art editing, compositing, and graphic design capabilities of Photoshop CS6, as well as avant-garde tools for 3D design*, paradigm and video editing, and quantitative analysis which address the unique needs of the graphic pattern, video, Spider web, architecture, medical, manufacturing and technology industries.
“Creativity is at the very center of our efforts – both in developing infrequent tools, and enabling our users to create cute imagery that stands out from the visual ataxia around the states,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Artistic Media Solutions, Adobe. “Photoshop CS6 is unrivalled in capabilities and power and – as we have seen from the amazing reception of our contempo public beta – has once more captured the imagination of the worldwide creative community. ‘Photoshop magic’ is live and well with CS6.”
Since Photoshop CS6 was released every bit a public beta on March 22 for Mac OS and Microsoft® Windows® platforms, at that place have been nigh one million downloads of the software worldwide – surpassing any public beta in Adobe’s history. With this launch, Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended tin be purchased every bit stand-solitary applications, key components of the Adobe Creative Suite 6 family (meet separate press release), and now as part of Adobe’s revolutionary Creative Cloud™ offering, also announced today (see separate release).
Create with Imaging Innovation and Peak Performance
Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended evangelize unparalleled speed and power combined with the artistic tools necessary to perform advanced prototype manipulation, blueprint, movement‐based content editing, and compositing. The software helps users to patch images with control for exceptional results; edit with real-fourth dimension interactions and a fluid feel powered by the new Mercury Graphics Engine; easily edit video; perform automatic tone mapping and sharpening; and use improved design tools for better results with fewer steps. Creative customers will be able to take advantage of an efficient, modern UI that puts all focus on images, and sync settings and preferences for consequent workflows beyond multiple devices via Adobe Creative Cloud.
“Adobe Photoshop CS6 gives Trek powerful design tools to aid bring our creative vision to a reality faster and with greater control than always before. The responsiveness of the new Mercury Graphics Engine is simply scenic and being able to encounter the results instantaneously helps us keep to our extremely tight timelines,” said Eric Lynn, creative director, Trek Bike. “We often work with big files that include more than 500 layers and existence able to search them all – and continue working while saving a large document – is invaluable to our workflow and a huge time saver for us.”
Photoshop CS6 features include:
- Content-Enlightened Patch – Allows greater command by letting users cull the sample surface area used to create a patch.
- Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine – Takes advantage of the graphics processing unit of measurement in modern hardware to speed up imaging and editing tasks, and procedure large images faster.
- New and Re-engineered Design Tools – Type styles enable consistent formatting; vector layers utilise strokes and add together gradients to vector objects; custom strokes and dashed lines are easily created; quick layers search and more.
- Intuitive Video Creation – The full range of familiar Photoshop tools and an intuitive gear up of new video tools to create and heighten whatsoever video clip.
- Blur Gallery – A uncomplicated new interface with on-image and in-context controls allows users to apace create photographic blur effects including tilt-shift effects, mistiness everything with one focal betoken, or vary the blurriness between multiple focal points.
Photoshop CS6 Extended includes all Photoshop CS6 features and:
- Mercury Graphics Engine for 3D – Increased power and speed via engine optimised for 3D imaging.
- New 3D Controls – UI improvements for more efficient 3D workflows.
- New 3D Effects – Reflections and “drag-able” shadows to enhance images.
Adobe Artistic Cloud and Digital Imaging
Adobe Artistic Cloud gives creative customers a new selection for purchasing and experiencing Adobe software innovation, including Adobe Photoshop CS6:
- Creative Cloud membership provides designers with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application appear today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud powers the integration of creative tablet applications, such as Photoshop Bear upon, into everyday work – seamlessly synchronising and storing files in the cloud, for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily evangelize mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Artistic Cloud members will receive admission to application upgrades, including new Photoshop features – before they are launched as part of a major update, also as inventive new products and services, as they emerge. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® iv will be offered equally part of Creative Deject membership in the future.
Live Streamed Webcast
The launch event for Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 will be streamed live beginning at 6pm GMT, Apr 23 at www.adobe.com/special/cs6/launch-event.html and volition exist available at that place as a continuous rebroadcast from 7pm – midnight GMT on Apr 23. An on-demand version volition be available at http://goggle box.adobe.com beginning April 24.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended, Adobe Creative Suite 6 editions and Adobe Creative Cloud are scheduled to exist bachelor within xxx days and can be pre-ordered now. Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended volition also exist available through Adobe Authorised Resellers, the Adobe Store and Adobe Direct Sales; estimated street price for Photoshop CS6 is £556 (ex. VAT) and £794 (ex. VAT) for Photoshop CS6 Extended.
Upgrade pricing is as well available to eligible customers. Subscription pricing for Photoshop CS6 Extended is £14.29 (ex. VAT) per month for an annual contract and £22.23 (ex. VAT) for a month-to-calendar month contract. For more detailed information about features, OS support, system requirements, upgrade policies and pricing, please visit http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop.html
Adobe Creative Cloud membership for individuals is £38.11 (ex. VAT) per month based on annual membership and £57.17 (ex. VAT) per calendar month based on month-to-month membership and includes access to Photoshop CS6 Extended. A special introductory offer of £22.23 (ex. VAT) per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is likewise available. Learn more at http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativecloud.html
Latest sample galleries
Latest in-depth reviews
The Fujifilm X-T5 is the visitor’southward latest classically-styled APS-C mirrorless camera. Information technology gains the 40MP sensor and AF system from the X-H2 but in a body with a more stills-focused slant.
Virtually one year ago, DJI debuted its Mavic 3 standard and Cine drones featuring a dual-camera setup. Today they’ve released their Classic, a less expensive unmarried-photographic camera sibling. Who’s information technology for and is it a worthy addition to the Mavic family?
The EOS R6 II is Catechism’southward latest enthusiast-oriented full-frame camera. It may await a lot like the original R6 on the outside, but information technology includes refinements and features that brand information technology a more capable and better-performing camera.
The Canon 6D Marking Two is a substantial improvement over its predecessor, and we spent a couple days in sunny San Diego to test information technology out!
The a7R V is the fifth iteration of Sony’s loftier-end, loftier-res full-frame mirrorless photographic camera. The new camera sticks with the 60MP BSI CMOS sensor of the Mark Iv, merely merely about everything else has been given a boost, with avant-garde AF, focus stacking and a new rear screen arrangement.