Phone manufacturers beyond the globe produced some astonishing devices in 2021, despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Each phone boasts new features, improved designs, and alternate models to better accommodate your preferences. These devices don’t come cheap, so most buyers will likely have to cull just i. We’re reviewing some of the best smartphones of 2021 to help you lot narrow downward your options.
The iPhone 13 (and its various models)
The newest incarnation of Apple tree’s flagship iPhone was undoubtedly one of the most highly anticipated new smartphones of 2021. The company traditionally introduces three or 4 versions of their latest iPhone annually, and this yr was no exception. Apple tree released the iPhone 13, the iPhone xiii mini, the iPhone 13 Pro, and the iPhone thirteen Pro Max in September.
Each model varies in size and capability, just many features are compatible throughout. Several standout features include:
- 5G Mobile Network capability
- 12-megapixel front and rear-facing camera.
- A15 Bionic chip for enhanced processing power.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with fast accuse capability (50% bombardment with xxx-35 minute accuse).
- Retentivity capacity ranges from 128 gigabytes to 1 terabyte of space (iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max).
- MagSafe compatibility and wireless charging capability.
- Confront ID, 6-meter water resistance, and a ceramic shield brandish.
The COVID-19 pandemic created supply concatenation shortages all through the year, causing scarcities in every commodity from food to clothes to phones. The iPhone 13 has managed to retain its value better than whatsoever previous iPhone because of the ongoing global fleck shortage. The iPhone 13 is pricier than previous models as a result of this shortage (a standard iPhone thirteen costs $799), simply its resell price should also exist much higher than previous models.
While the foldable phone was initially a bit of a gamble, it was one that Samsung boldly undertook. The Galaxy Fold’s initial launch peaked a lot of interest, though information technology came with its fair share of durability and battery life problems.
Thankfully, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 was released in September of 2020 and proved to be a giant jump forward thanks to its larger forepart screen, increased durability, and standard 5G feature. The Samsung Galaxy Fold3 picks upwards where its predecessor left off by bringing several new features into the fold):
- A 6.2″ folded screen and a 7.6″ unfolded screen.
- A new Due south Pen with 4096 force per unit area levels.
- An under-front end console camera and a rear triple photographic camera with Broad, Ultra-wide, and Telephoto lenses.
- 128 gigabytes of RAM with 256-512 gigabytes of storage.
- A side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Z Fold3 was announced on Baronial 11th, then released on Baronial 27th. It launched with a hefty price tag of $1,799, though Samsung too hosts trade-in promotions to brand this phablet (smartphone + tablet) more affordable.
The Sony Xperia i 3
Sony released several premium smartphones this year, but the Sony Xperia 1 Three is easily a standout. This follow-up to last yr’southward Sony Xperia 1 II, maintains many of the aforementioned design features as its predecessor while likewise bringing new features to the plate. Xperia ane II fans volition be delighted to know that the Xperia 1 III also has front end-facing speakers, a three.5 mm headphone jack, and dust and waterproof resilience.
The Xperia 1 3’s potentially greatest feature is its camera; this is the first smartphone to possess a variable periscope telephoto lens that can shoot in 70 millimeters or even 105 millimeters. Other standout features include:
- An increased refresh rate from 60Hz to 120Hz
- A “21:9, world’s kickoff CinemaWide 4K HDR 10-bit 120Hz OLED”
- Photo Pro and Movie theater Pro modes
- The extremely powerful octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset
Many photographers and filmmakers adore the Xperia 1 III and herald information technology every bit Sony’s greatest flagship smartphone nonetheless.
The OnePlus 9 and ix Pro
OnePlus released their new flagship phones – the OnePlus ix and the OnePlus 9 Pro – on March 26, 2021. These phones initially encountered controversy due to throttling problems earlier this year. These issues take since been resolved, which allows the OnePlus 9 Series to shine.
Both the OnePlus 9 and both variants of the 9 Pro boast some impressive specs:
- A 6.55-inch (6.7-inch with the 9 Pro) Full HD+ 120Hz display
- 8K and 4K video capture support
- A Sony IMX quad-lens camera
- Water resistance for up to 30 minutes in 1.v meters
- Snapdragon 888 processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage
Most pundits agree that OnePlus has taken things to the next level with their pricier, notwithstanding premium, OnePlus 9 Serial phones.
The Google Pixel 6 and the 6 Pro
The Google Pixel 6 is i of the more affordable premium smartphones on the market. Unlike many competitors such as the iPhone 13 or the Xperia 1 III, the standard Pixel six has a dual-photographic camera system. However, the Pixel 6’s strongest feature is easily its Tensor fleck – a system that specializes in neural network machine learning.
Other attractive features of the Pixel half-dozen and the 6 Pro include:
- FHD+ Polish Display
- 128 gigabytes of storage
- A tactile blend frame (Pixel half dozen) and a polish alloy frame (Pixel 6 Pro)
- Wireless fast-charging and 24-hour battery life
- A fingerprint scanner and Titan M2 flake & security core
Google continues to impress with its line of innovative smartphones. The Pixel 6 and the Pixel half dozen Pro are incredibly versatile devices that can compete with their contemporaries on even ground.