Phone manufacturers beyond the world produced some astonishing devices in 2021, despite the ongoing COVID-xix pandemic. Each telephone boasts new features, improved designs, and alternate models to improve suit your preferences. These devices don’t come cheap, so almost buyers volition probable have to choose just one. We’re reviewing some of the best smartphones of 2021 to help yous narrow down your options.
The iPhone 13 (and its various models)
The newest incarnation of Apple tree’due south flagship iPhone was undoubtedly ane of the nearly highly predictable new smartphones of 2021. The company traditionally introduces iii or iv versions of their latest iPhone annually, and this year was no exception. Apple tree released the iPhone 13, the iPhone xiii mini, the iPhone xiii Pro, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max in September.
Each model varies in size and capability, but many features are uniform throughout. Several standout features include:
- 5G Mobile Network adequacy
- 12-megapixel forepart and rear-facing photographic camera.
- A15 Bionic bit for enhanced processing power.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with fast accuse capability (50% battery with 30-35 minute charge).
- Retention capacity ranges from 128 gigabytes to 1 terabyte of space (iPhone xiii Pro and Pro Max).
- MagSafe compatibility and wireless charging capability.
- Face ID, 6-meter water resistance, and a ceramic shield brandish.
The COVID-19 pandemic created supply chain shortages all through the yr, causing scarcities in every article from food to clothes to phones. The iPhone 13 has managed to retain its value better than any previous iPhone because of the ongoing global chip shortage. The iPhone thirteen is pricier than previous models equally a result of this shortage (a standard iPhone thirteen costs $799), but its resell price should too be much higher than previous models.
While the foldable phone was initially a fleck of a adventure, it was one that Samsung boldly undertook. The Galaxy Fold’s initial launch peaked a lot of interest, though it came with its fair share of immovability and battery life issues.
Thankfully, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 was released in September of 2020 and proved to be a giant leap forward thank you to its larger front screen, increased immovability, and standard 5G feature. The Samsung Galaxy Fold3 picks up where its predecessor left off by bringing several new features into the fold):
- A 6.2″ folded screen and a seven.6″ unfolded screen.
- A new Southward Pen with 4096 force per unit area levels.
- An under-front end panel camera and a rear triple photographic camera with Wide, Ultra-broad, and Telephoto lenses.
- 128 gigabytes of RAM with 256-512 gigabytes of storage.
- A side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Z Fold3 was appear on August 11th, and then released on August 27th. Information technology launched with a hefty cost tag of $1,799, though Samsung also hosts merchandise-in promotions to brand this phablet (smartphone + tablet) more affordable.
The Sony Xperia 1 3
Sony released several premium smartphones this twelvemonth, just the Sony Xperia 1 III is easily a standout. This follow-upwards to final year’southward Sony Xperia 1 II, maintains many of the same pattern features every bit its predecessor while also bringing new features to the plate. Xperia 1 Two fans will be delighted to know that the Xperia 1 Iii also has front-facing speakers, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and dust and waterproof resilience.
The Xperia 1 III’due south potentially greatest feature is its camera; this is the first smartphone to possess a variable periscope telephoto lens that tin can shoot in lxx millimeters or even 105 millimeters. Other standout features include:
- An increased refresh charge per unit from 60Hz to 120Hz
- A “21:9, earth’s first CinemaWide 4K HDR ten-flake 120Hz OLED”
- Photograph Pro and Cinema Pro modes
- The extremely powerful octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset
Many photographers and filmmakers adore the Xperia ane Iii and herald it as Sony’s greatest flagship smartphone yet.
The OnePlus ix and ix Pro
OnePlus released their new flagship phones – the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro – on March 26, 2021. These phones initially encountered controversy due to throttling issues earlier this year. These issues have since been resolved, which allows the OnePlus 9 Series to shine.
Both the OnePlus 9 and both variants of the 9 Pro boast some impressive specs:
- A 6.55-inch (vi.seven-inch with the 9 Pro) Total HD+ 120Hz display
- 8K and 4K video capture back up
- A Sony IMX quad-lens camera
- Water resistance for up to thirty minutes in 1.5 meters
- Snapdragon 888 processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage
Well-nigh pundits hold that OnePlus has taken things to the next level with their pricier, all the same premium, OnePlus 9 Series phones.
The Google Pixel half-dozen and the 6 Pro
The Google Pixel 6 is one of the more affordable premium smartphones on the market. Unlike many competitors such as the iPhone 13 or the Xperia ane Iii, the standard Pixel half-dozen has a dual-camera system. However, the Pixel 6’s strongest feature is easily its Tensor flake – a system that specializes in neural network machine learning.
Other attractive features of the Pixel 6 and the 6 Pro include:
- FHD+ Smooth Display
- 128 gigabytes of storage
- A tactile alloy frame (Pixel 6) and a polish blend frame (Pixel 6 Pro)
- Wireless fast-charging and 24-hour bombardment life
- A fingerprint scanner and Titan M2 chip & security core
Google continues to impress with its line of innovative smartphones. The Pixel six and the Pixel 6 Pro are incredibly versatile devices that can compete with their contemporaries on even footing.