Autonomously from Photoshop, Lightroom is 1 of the well-nigh useful prototype-editing suites in the business, a fact that is not surprising considering that both are made by Adobe. Most professional photographers adopt the features in Lightroom over Photoshop for their image editing purposes. But since information technology is actually possible to edit videos in Photoshop, information technology begs the question;
tin can you edit videos in Lightroom
The elementary answer to this question is a resounding yes. Lightroom can in fact be very useful when yous need to edit videos and, in this article, we are going to evidence you
how to edit videos in Lightroom. But before we share with you the tutorial to edit videos in Lightroom CC, allow’s accept a look at some of Lightroom’s almost useful features;
Main Functions of Lightroom
One of the main benefits of Lightroom is that it comes with powerful features designed to make photo-editing both professional person and like shooting fish in a barrel. These features include the following;
- Presets to Save Time and Develop a Manner
Presets in Lightroom are in that location to make your chore easier. This is because they allow you easily salvage the configurations of your adjustment sliders such that they can easily exist applied to other projects. They tin too help you develop a uniform style that can requite your images and photos a consistent look.
- Quick Develop Panel makes Batch Processing piece of cake
The Quick Develop panel in Lightroom allows you to hands apply presets to multiple images at the same time. For example, you can correct overexposure in more than i image by selecting all the images and then using the Quick Develop panel.
- Easy to Use Interface
The Lightroom interface is also very easy to navigate and highly intuitive. You lot can hands move from 1 photo to some other in the Develop module or view sheets more than easily in the Library grid view.
- Transfer Adjustment Settings from One Epitome to Another
Adjusting the settings on an image tin can have a very long time. This why one of the well-nigh useful features in Lightroom is the power to easily transfer the same settings to some other image. To exercise that, just click on the “Previous” button in the Develop module.
- Lightroom Protects your Originals
When you make adjustments to your image or video in Lightroom, the adjustments are stored in a catalog file that will only be embedded into the original paradigm when exporting it. This ways that Lightroom protects the original file that you can go back to someday you demand to.
- Edit RAW Files
Lightroom is the nigh effective RAW file editor, assuasive you to very easily edit high-quality RAW images even perform adjustments like converting them to black and white.
- Crop images Easily
Lightroom comes with a great crop tool that is very easy to utilise and can be used to crop photos to any aspect ratio. The straightening tool is also worth a mention here as it is also quite easy to use and highly effective.
Great Adjustment Tools
The cardinal to easy and effective paradigm editing is great adjustment tools and Lightroom has some of the most constructive aligning tools. These include a graduated filter, and adjustment brush, and a post-crop vignette.
The All-in-1 Screen Recorder & Video Editor
- Record desktop screen,audio and webcam simultaneously
- Edit videos rapidly with a wide range of professional tools
- Built-in plentiful video effects
- Consign to MP4, MOV, MKV, GIF and multiple formats
How to Use a Lightroom to Edit Videos
Please note that Lightroom only allows you to edit all frames equally a whole. Yous volition therefore not be able to splice the video clips together and any adjustments yous make volition exist applied to the whole video.
With that said, follow these steps to edit your video in Lightroom;
Step 1: Import the Video into Lightroom
You can import a video into Lightroom much the same fashion as you lot would an image. Either click “File > Import to scan for the file on your calculator or elevate and drop the video into the program.
Make certain that you are in “Library Module” as Lightroom will non allow you to edit a video in “Develop mode”
Step two: Use Presets to the Video
Y’all can edit the overall exposure and white balance on a video in Library Mode, just as y’all would with an image. You tin can likewise click on the “Preset Tab” to apply presets to the video.
Lightroom comes with several presets that tin can exist applied to videos including auto settings, white balance, tone curve, split toning, process version and calibration.
Step 3: Edit the Video in Lightroom
You may not be able to slice clips together in lightroom, merely you can trim the video to adjust the beginning and ending time.
To practice that, merely click on the gear icon to open more options and drag the slider to the left to trim the beginning and to the right to trim the end of the video.
Footstep 4: Export the Video
When y’all’re done editing the video, click “File > Export” to open up the “Export” dialogue. Hither, it is important to select the highest quality possible for the video for the best results. Click “Consign” to complete the process.
Alternative Fashion to Edit Videos
While Lightroom can allow you to easily edit videos, it is clearly not designed for editing videos and lacks advanced features for a more professional person edit. If you would like more options, we suggest using Wondershare DemoCreator. This piece of cake to utilize video editor is designed to aid you capture and edit videos very easily.
Follow these unproblematic steps to apply DemoCreator to edit your videos;
Stride one: Open the Video you Desire to Edit
- Brainstorm by installing DemoCreator on to your reckoner. Run the program and in the main window, click on “File > Import Media Files”
- In the Media Library panel, click on “Import” and so select “Import a Media File” to find the video you would similar to add together to the program.
- Once the video has been added to the program, y’all need to add it to the timeline to brainstorm editing. To do that, right-click on the video and then select “Add to Timeline at Playhead”
Step 2: Edit the Video in Different Means
- DemoCreator gives you numerous options when it comes to video editing. The following are some of the nearly popular ways to edit the video;
- If you would like to trim the video, click on the “Scissors” icon to select information technology and and so motion the cursor to the edge of the prune until it disappears. At present, drag the cursor backward or forward to trim the video to the desired length.
- To resize the video, open information technology in the preview window and then go to “Visual Property” to adapt the pct value next to “Scale”
- You tin also hands rotate the video in the aforementioned window by changing the value side by side to “Rotation”.
- To crop the video, click on the “Crop” button and and then drag the white handles that announced in the preview window to select the portion you desire to crop out.
Step 3: Export the Video
When yous’re happy with the changes you lot’ve made to the video, you can click on the “Consign” icon to export the video in various formats including MP4, MP3, or MOV. In the “Consign dialogue box that appears, yous can as well add together a filename to the and adjust several other settings including the frame rate, bitrate, and the resolution of the video.
Endeavor it at present
Effort it now
Click here to know more How to Choose the All-time Free Photo Video Editor for Mac or Windows PC.
If yous want to edit a small video clip that doesn’t require to much work, then you might be able to get what you need from Lightroom. But Lightroom was congenital to be an image editor and information technology, therefore, lacks some of the more advanced editing options you volition discover with DemoCreator, a program that is specifically designed to help you edit videos apace and hands.