How to Change Hue and Saturation of One Layer in Photoshop
Every bit an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The hue/saturation characteristic in Photoshop allows you to make corrective and creative color changes to any image. Information technology too lets y’all make color adjustments to simply a specific area by affecting just i layer in Photoshop. Permit’south learn how to change the hue and saturation of one layer in Photoshop by post-obit a few simple steps.
- How To Change Hue and Saturation of Ane Layer in Photoshop
- Irresolute Hue and Saturation of Ane Layer in Photoshop
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Does the Hue Slider Do?
- What Does the Saturation Slider Practise?
- What if the Surface area I Want To Edit Is Non in a Carve up Layer?
- How Can I Use the Preset Values for Hue and Saturation?
How To Change Hue and Saturation of One Layer in Photoshop
You can easily make hue and saturation changes to just 1 layer in Photoshop by using a hue/saturation layer and clipping mask feature in Photoshop. Hither, we will explicate how using a clipping mask, and adjustment layers work together to help y’all brand colour alterations on just one layer in Photoshop.
Changing Hue and Saturation of Ane Layer in Photoshop
- Before proceeding with the editing, you lot have to brand sure that simply ane layer that you want to brand changes to is selected in the Layers panel. You can observe the layers panel in the bottom right corner of your photoshop interface. If it’s not visible, go to ‘Windows’ and click on ‘Layers.’
- One time your layers panel becomes visible, click on just one layer you desire to edit. In one case you lot choose just 1 layer, the one layer becomes highlighted with a shade of grayness, and the thumbnail gets a white border around it.
- After selecting merely i layer, information technology is fourth dimension to add together new hue/saturation adjustment layers. So, go to the menu bar nowadays at the top of your photoshop interface. Click on ‘Layer.’ This will open a drop-downward menu.
- From the bill of fare, navigate to ‘New Adjustment Layer’ and select Hue/Saturation from the cascading menu to create a hue saturation adjustment layer.
- Alternatively, you lot can click on the New Aligning Layer icon at the bottom of the layers panel to create a hue saturation adjustment layer. This icon looks like a one-half-filled circle. As you click on that icon, a popular-upwardly carte will appear. From the menu, click on the ‘Hue/Saturation option.
- As you click on the hue/saturation option, the adjustment layer will be created above simply one layer. At present, the changes yous make to the adjustment layer will be applied to all the layers present below it. At present you can keep with the Create Clipping Mask step.
- To restrict the changes to but one layer, you would accept to create a clipping mask. To create a clipping mask, select the ‘Create Clipping Mask’ button at the bottom of the properties box of the hue/saturation layer. The create clipping mask button looks like a square with a downward pointer beside it.
- As y’all click on the button, a small downward arrow will appear correct on the Hue/Saturation layer. This arrow demonstrates that the changes you make to the hue/saturation will only affect the 1 layer directly below.
- At present, you can experiment and have all the fun with the Hue slider and the Saturation one in your selected layer. The changes will only touch the ane layer you targetted, and all of the other areas of the entire image will remain the same.
Ofttimes Asked Questions
What Does the Hue Slider Do?
The hue slider lets you set the hue (colour) of your paradigm equally you need. When you slide it, the value of the color varies across the colour spectrum. You tin can motility it left or correct as per your requirement and stop when you get your desired results.
What Does the Saturation Slider Do?
The saturation slider allows you to set up the color intensity of your image. By moving this slider, you tin easily increase or decrease the color saturation. As you shift the slider to the left, the forcefulness of the color volition reduce. When you move information technology to the correct, the strength of the color will boost up.
What if the Surface area I Want To Edit Is Non in a Split Layer?
If the area y’all want to edit is not already nowadays in one layer, and so you volition take to create one layer for information technology before proceeding with any of the steps explained above. To practice this:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Now, get to the toolbar present on the left side of your photoshop interface.
- From the toolbar, pick the ‘Quick Option Tool.’ This tool looks similar a paintbrush with a dotted circle drawn over it.
- At present, highlight the area that yous want to edit using the quick choice tool.
- In one case the required area is selected, go to the Layer > New >> Layer via Cutting.
- As you click on Layer via cutting, a new layer will be created for your selected surface area.
- Now, follow the procedure explained above. You will only make hue and saturation changes to the newly created layer.
How Tin can I Apply the Preset Values for Hue and Saturation?
You lot can easily use the preset values through the drib-downwards carte du jour present at the top of the property box. Information technology tin also aid you reach a certain colour value from where you can brand further adjustments more than easily.
If you want to conform the color settings of an isolated layer of your image, so using the hue/saturation aligning layer in Photoshop is the all-time fashion. It works together with a clipping mask, equally explained above, to help you lot get the desired color in any targeted area of your image very hands.