Ready to connect in new ways?
Connect your camera to your Apple or Android device for remote shooting and to easily download your photos, ready for sharing.
Connect your Canon photographic camera with your smartphone and do more than than ever:
- Download your images instantly, so that they are ready to share
- Control your photographic camera remotely from your phone
- Add together GPS data to your images with your PowerShot or IXUS camera
Does this app work with any photographic camera?
Please refer to the compatibility list below to come across if our app works with your camera.**
Are all functions available on all cameras?
No, not all functions are available on all models. Please refer to the compatibility list below to see which feature works with your camera
How do I connect my Catechism EOS DSLR to my mobile device?
1. Switch on your photographic camera and select the bill of fare button.
two. Click on Settings and select Wi-Fi.
iii. Press “Enable”. If the camera asks yous to register a nickname then do so at this point and skip the next ii steps.
4. Return to the carte
5. Select Wi-Fi Function and set a nickname for the camera of your choice
6. Return to the carte and select the Wi-Fi role
vii. Select “Connect to Smartphone” icon
eight. Select “Photographic camera admission betoken way”
9. Select “Easy connection”
10. On your device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, so choose the network name shown on your camera.
xi. On your smart device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, then choose the network proper noun shown on your photographic camera.
12. In one case you see your device has connected to the camera’south network, open the Camera Connect app.
13. Yous’ll see a confirmation message on the camera to confirm that it is connected to your device. Press OK if the photographic camera asks y’all to verify the connecting device, and save the configuration in SET1. You’re now set up to apply the app.
14. Once this process has been completed once, yous will not demand to repeat the authentication in detail again. The adjacent fourth dimension yous select the Wi-Fi role, y’all can employ the same configuration settings that you stored in the initial set-up process, and connect to the camera from your smart device following steps eleven and 12.
How do I connect my Canon EOS mirrorless, Canon PowerShot or IXUS to my mobile device?
1. Switch on your camera.
ii. On your camera, press the button with the mobile phone symbol on it. If your camera does not have this button, and then press the Wi-Fi icon in playback.
3. Afterwards creating a nickname, select the mobile telephone image that appears on the display. The photographic camera volition create a Wi-Fi network for your device to connect to.
four. On your device, go into Settings, select Wi-Fi, and then cull the network name shown on your camera.
v. Once you see your device has connected to the camera’s network, open up the Camera Connect app.
vi. Y’all’ll come across a confirmation message on the camera to confirm that it is continued to your device.
7. Y’all’re now set up to use the app.
8. Once this process has been done one time, you will not need to repeat it once again. The next time you lot printing the mobile button yous tin jump straight to Step four. Alternatively, pressing the WiFi icon in playback volition take you to a connection history bill of fare. From hither, select the network name shown on your photographic camera.
How exercise I get photos from my camera onto my telephone or tablet?
1. Connect your device to your camera so that you take the Camera Connect app open.
2. In the app, tap on the ‘Images on camera’ function and all the images currently saved on the camera will appear in the app.
3. At the lesser of the app screen, tap the download icon and select the images that you want to salve from your camera on to your device.
4. To save individual images, but tap on the image yous want. When yous see the single prototype aggrandize to full screen, tap the download icon under the image.
5. To relieve multiple images, click on the arrow icon at the bottom of the screen and select the images you lot desire to relieve.
What does GPS via Mobile permit me to practise?
Using GPS data from your smartphone, GPS via Mobile tags your photograph with precise data; such as the fourth dimension and location that the photo was taken. So whether you archive your photos or upload them to Flickr, you lot’ll always be able to find the pictures you took in that exact spot. GPS via Mobile is available with PowerShot an IXUS cameras.
How do I add GPS data to my images?
GPS via Mobile is compatible with PowerShot or IXUS cameras.
one. Brand certain the fourth dimension on your camera and device is correct. This will let your GPS data to sync.
2. Open the Photographic camera Connect app and select Location Information.
3. Select Begin logging.
four. Starting time taking photos with your device.
5. Once you have taken your photograph, connect your photographic camera to your device.
6. The Camera Connect app will automatically detect that you have started logging and will ask if you desire to sync whatever data that is available.
7. In the principal menu on your device, select Location Data.
eight. Select Transport location information and press ok.
9. To view the GPS data, select the photo on your camera and click DISP. This will show the location coordinates in which the photo was taken.
10. To turn GPS information off, select Location Data from the app’s main menu on your device and click Finish Logging.
How exercise I change the camera settings on the Photographic camera Connect app?
In club to change the camera settings, your compact camera must be in 1 of the manual modes – Thou, Av, or Idiot box.
i. Connect your camera to the Camera Connect app.
2. Click on Remote Shooting.
3. Hither, y’all will see a button on the lesser right of the device; tap information technology and y’all will be provided with different settings such as Shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Continuous shooting and Self-timer.
4. Select the setting yous want to alter and curl left or right to arrange it.
I accept managed to connect to the app, just once in information technology, my Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. What should I exercise?
i. Go in to the Wi-Fi settings on your device and click on the network that your device is switching over to.
ii. Select forget this network.
3. Cull the network name shown on your photographic camera.
How can I become the app onto my phone or tablet
The Camera Connect app is bachelor to download for free from your device. Just visit the App Store or Google play and search for ‘Canon Camera Connect’.
I used to apply the CameraWindow app, but my camera cannot connect to the new Camera Connect app fifty-fifty though it is installed?
Your previous connectedness to your smart device with the onetime CameraWindow app is stored in your camera equally role of its connection history list. This cannot be used again as the connection is just compatible with the old app on your smart device.
If y’all have been using the Mobile Device Connect Button to connect to your smart device:
i. Press the Menu and find Settings tab (tab with spanner and hammer icon).
2. Select the choice for Mobile Device Connect Push button.
3. Delete the ‘Registered destination’ (your smart device).
iv. In one case deleted, press the Mobile Device Connect Button once again and consummate the connection to your smart device (call up to launch the new Camera Connect app on your smart device).
5. Later yous have completed this, the mobile button will think this connection to the new Photographic camera Connect app and y’all can use the mobile push button every bit earlier. You can too delete the quondam CameraWindow app to avert confusion.
If you lot take not been using the Mobile Device Connect Button or your camera does non have that push button:
ane. Press Playback and then select the button with the Wi-Fi icon.
two. Initiate a new connexion past selecting the smartphone icon on the screen, rather than pressing a previous connection from the connection history list.
3. Consummate the connectedness to y’all smart device (recollect to launch the new Photographic camera Connect app on your smart device).
4. After y’all have completed this, the camera will remember this connexion to the new Camera Connect app and this will announced as a new particular on the history list. You lot can likewise delete the quondam CameraWindow app to avert confusion.
How do I connect using NFC?
To utilise NFC, you’ll need to use an NFC-compatible Android smartphone (OS version 4.0 or subsequently). Activate NFC on your smartphone and then touch it confronting the “North-Mark” logo on your camera.
Certain models will require you to:
1. Activate the Wi-Fi function on your photographic camera via the carte and make sure NFC is enabled
2. On your device, get into Settings, select Wi-Fi, then choose the network name shown on your camera and tap on ‘Connect’.
3. Tap NFC to initiate the app and the connection volition exist complete.
My camera has NFC only it activates the CameraWindow app, how do I use Camera Connect?
Our Photographic camera Connect app will rewrite the NFC tag for you automatically.
All you lot have to do is connect your camera to the Camera Connect app *** and a bulletin will appear about rewriting the NFC tag data, only press OK.
***For more data on how to connect to the Camera Connect app on your mobile device, delight refer to ‘How do I connect my Canon EOS DSLR to my mobile device?‘ or ‘How practise I connect my Canon PowerShot or IXUS to my mobile device?
Certain models volition crave you to:
ane. Connect your camera to the Camera Connect app.
2. Select Camera Setting from the app’southward main menu.
3. Click on Start Writing.
4. Tap your camera to your device.
5. Rewrite will then be complete.
How do I reset the Wi-Fi connection on my Canon PowerShot or IXUS photographic camera?
1. Click on the menu button on your camera.
2. Choose Wi-Fi Settings.
3. Cull Reset Settings.
iv. When asked ‘Reset all Wi-Fi information?’, cull ‘OK’.
How exercise I reset the Wi-Fi connection on my Canon DSLR camera?
ane. Select the menu button on your photographic camera
two. Navigate to the green settings tab
three. Choose Wi-Fi role
four. Press the info button
5. Select Articulate Wi-Fi settings
6. Confirm by pressing OK
How can I provide feedback?
Nosotros’re slap-up to hear your feedback on the app, whether information technology’southward practiced or bad. We’d also beloved to hear your suggestions on how we could improve it.
Leave your feedback
Afterwards the Camera Connect app has been installed on your smart device, you lot may require to initiate a ‘new connection’ from your camera to ensure the camera is connected to your smart device correctly.
*Catechism Camera Connect provides the following features:
[Features and compatible models]
1) Wi-Fi connection with the camera for Image transfer***, Remote live view shooting and engagement/time setting.
2) Adding location information to photographic camera images
3) Bluetooth connection with enabled cameras
[Supporting features: i, 2, 3]
PowerShot SX730 HS **/ G9 X Mark II
EOS 200D**, EOS M6 ,EOS M5
[Supporting features: ane, three]
EOS 6D Marker Ii, EOS 77D, EOS 800D (Remote release of the camera shutter via Bluetooth is bachelor with the BR-E1, sold separately)
[Supporting features: 1, ii]
PowerShot SX430 IS / SX432 IS / SX620 HS / G7 X Mark Two / SX720 HS / SX540 HS / SX420 IS / G5 X / G9 Ten / G3 X / SX530 HS / SX 710 HS / SX 610 HS / G7 10 / SX60 HS / N2 / G1 X Mark II / SX700 HS / SX600 HS / N100
IXUS 190 / 285 HS / 180 / 182 / 275 HS / 265 HS
PowerShot G16* / S120* / S200* / SX510 HS* / SX280 HS* / N* / A3500 IS* / A3550 IS* / S110*
IXUS 255 HS* / 140* / 135* / 245 HS*
[Supporting features: 1]
EOS 5D Mark Iv, EOS 1300D, EOS 80D, EOS 760D, EOS 750D, EOS 70D, EOS 6D, EOS M10, EOS M3
IXUS 510 HS* / 240 HS*
LEGRIA HF R86* / HF R87*/ HF R88*
* Does not support Remote alive view shooting
**Add location information to images on the photographic camera via Bluetooth.
***CR2 images will exist resized to an optimal size for your device depending on the camera used. Full resolution RAW CR2 file transfer is NOT available.
– iOS 9.3/10.three
– Android Bone five.0-5.1/6.0/7.0-7.one
Bluetooth System Requirement:
For Bluetooth connection, the camera needs to accept a Bluetooth function, and your device needs to take Bluetooth 4.0 or later (supports Bluetooth Low energy technology). Bluetooth 4.0 supported devices: iPhone 4s or afterwards, iPad tertiary gen. or later, iPod touch 5th gen. or later on.
Uniform File Types:
- MOV files shot with EOS cameras cannot be saved.
- AVCHD files shot with Camcorder cannot be saved.
– If awarding does not operate properly, endeavour again afterward shutting downwards the application.
– Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically subtract battery life.
– In the case of using Power Zoom Adapter, please set the Live View function to ON.
Posted by: Fusiontr.com