Afterward adding geographic content to your mapboard in the compilation window, utilize the
to download this content to
If you’re using an
file, don’t change the layer names in the
file that correspond to the map frames in your
project; otherwise, syncing volition fail.
Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud
matches the mapboard name to the name in the
file to sync and align the layers to the correct map or map frame.
What does Sync practice?
When you sync your work from the compilation window, a new file relevant to the host application is created or the associated file is modified. In the instance of
file is created or modified, and in the example of
Photoshop, it’s a
file. When the extension creates a file, information technology’s named the same as the mapboard. The file proper noun isn’t changed when you sync to an existing file. Syncing layers from an AIX-generated mapboard won’t affect the name of the existing
file or its map layer names.
The artboard in the synced file reflects the geographic extent, dimensions, and scale of the mapboard. Information technology also contains the geographic content that you specified in the compilation window.
Past default, all synced map files are downloaded to your Documents folder directory under Documents\Adobe. If this folder doesn’t exist, and y’all have sufficient permissions on your local figurer, information technology will be created for you.
You can choose which layers in your map to sync equally artwork by using the
button. This allows you lot to keep layers in your map and choose if and when they are downloaded.
Afterward the sync is consummate, the
is updated with the map content. (The downloaded results can vary depending on your mapping profile setting.) The
window progress indicates when it’s successfully completed. The
is enabled over again to allow you to sync additional map content to the same
After y’all successfully sync the map, you tin can expect the following results:
- Sync status updated—A status bar appears in the compilation window with a success (or failure) bulletin.
- Map downloaded—A new file is created or updated with layers that reflect the map content in the compilation window. The construction and organization of layers vary between
Photoshop. See Differences in Illustrator and Photoshop synced files.
Labels are highlighted in pink in your downloaded map if the font used in the source layer is not available on your machine. In
Illustrator, click the
card and choose
Resolve Missing Fonts
to see a listing of missing fonts. If the font is available in Adobe Fonts, you can activate it by checking the corresponding box.
- Processes completed—Processes run on the downloaded map if you lot configured whatsoever to run on sync.
- Layer sync toggled off—Turning sync off for layers that you lot’ve already downloaded allows you to add and sync more layers without removing the previously synced layers from your map in the compilation window. Once you’ve synced your map and created an artwork file, you tin come up back to the compilation window and download new layers.
To sync a layer multiple times, turn on the
. This will enable the layer over again for sync.
- Mapboard is locked—The mapboard is locked in place (indicated by a solid blue edge) and the following backdrop are disabled to ensure that whatever content you subsequently add together and sync in the compilation window aligns geographically to the previously synced content:
- Mapboard size
- Image resolution (PPI)
If you need to change the location, scale, or size of the map area that was simply synced, make a copy of the mapboard past clicking its
window, and update the new mapboard. (You cannot indistinguishable an AIX-generated mapboard.) Duplicating a mapboard copies its backdrop and the compiled map, and allows you to edit map calibration, dimensions, geographic extent, projection, and prototype resolution (PPI). Later y’all create the duplicate and brand changes to the new mapboard, click the
to download the map layers to a new file in
- Map embedded into the file—If you are signed in with an ArcGIS account, the compiled layers are too embedded with the map.
This is indicated by the
next to the name of the mapboard. Any changes made to the compilation later on the map has been embedded will persist in the file when you lot save it.
To remove the embedded map from the synced file, delete the mapboard using the
window while the file is open up, and save the changes.
This action cannot be undone.
Remove clipping paths
If yous’re using the
mapping profile, some clipping paths are kept in the downloaded map to preserve the map’south advent. Examples include the post-obit:
- Maps with a vector tile layer or vector tile basemap, in example it uses patterns or imagery as role of the pattern (such as images for symbols)
- Polygon layers with transparency, such as building footprints in some vector tile basemaps
To remove all the clipping paths in an
certificate, consummate the following steps:
- Lock or hide any layers for which you want to keep clipping paths.
- From the
Object, and click
to remove the selected clipping paths.
Feedback on this topic?