How to install a firmware update on the EOS Rebel T4i.
How to install a firmware update on the EOS Rebel T4i.
EOS 650D / Rebel T4i Firmware Update Procedures
- A power failure during the firmware writing functioning may disable the camera.
- Apply a fully charged Bombardment Pack or defended AC Adapter Kit (Optional) for the firmware update.
- Do non close off the power during the firmware writing operation.
- Practice not printing any camera buttons during the firmware writing performance.
- Practice not open up the card slot cover during the firmware writing operation.
EOS Rebel T4i firmware updates are bachelor for download at the Canon website. Please click on the link below:
Select your Operating Arrangement and OS Version from the drib-downward boxes, and then click on [Firmware].
Click on the firmware update, then click on [I Hold – Begin Download] on the adjacent page.
When the download is complete, extract the file and you should now take a firmware update ( .FIR ) file and “update-procedure-pdf” binder.
Firmware Update Procedures
- In the following instructions, x.x.x. indicates either the current firmware version or the firmware version for the update.
(1) Prepare the items required to update the firmware.
- Camera torso
- Defended Bombardment Pack (The battery pack must be fully charged) or dedicated AC Adapter Kit (Optional)
- SD card (64MB or more, 64GB or less)
- Firmware update file (CCF13XXX.FIR)
- In example of using the SD bill of fare reader, follow the procedure from Stride (2) onward. In example of not using the SD card reader, follow the procedure from Step (3-1) onward.
(ii) Copy the firmware update file to the SD card.
- Insert a SD carte du jour that has been formatted in the Camera into the SD menu reader.
- Copy the firmware update file to the outset window that appears when the SD card is opened (the root directory).
- Remove the SD card from the card reader.
*When removing the SD carte du jour, be sure to do then as described in the documentation for the computer or the card reader.
*If the firmware update file is placed in subfolder of the SD menu, the camera will not meet information technology.
- Rotate the Mode Dial to select <P> mode (or one of the other modes in the artistic zone).
- Insert the SD card with the firmware into the camera.
- Turn the Power Switch <ON>, then press the <MENU> button to display the card.
- Press the Cross keys to select the “Firmware Ver.x.x.x” particular at the bottom of the Ó“et-up 4 (Xanthous)Ó¬ and then printing the <Prepare> button.
- The firmware update screen will appear.
Press the Cross keys to select [OK], and so press the <Fix> button.
Follow the process from Pace (iv) onward.
*If the firmware update screen does not announced on LCD monitor, the firmware update file may not have been properly copied to the SD card, then please endeavor again starting from stride (1).
- Section (3-1) and afterward sections explain how to update the firmware using EOS Utility.
(3-1) Connect the camera and the computer.
- Rotate the Fashion Dial to select <P> mode (or one of other modes in the artistic zone).
- Insert a SD card that has been formatted in the photographic camera into the camera.
- Connect the photographic camera and the computer with the USB cable, and so set the camera’s power switch to <ON>.
(iii-ii) Starting time the firmware update.
- Start EOS Utility.
- Click the [Camera settings / Remote shooting] button.
- Click [
], and so click the [Firmware Ver. Ten.X.Ten].
- The firmware update screen will appear on the figurer screen. Click [OK].
- A window for selecting files appears, then select the firmware update file, and then click [Open].
- A confirmation window appears, then click [OK].
- A window with cautionary messages nearly the update appears, so click [OK].
- Follow the procedure from Pace (4) onward on the photographic camera.
(4) Update the firmware.
- The screen will appear on the cameraÖ³ LCD monitor.
- If you press the <SET> button, a confirmation screen volition appear, so check the firmware update shown, press the Cross keys to select [OK], and press the <SET> push again to start the firmware update.
- The message will appear during the update.
- When the update is completed, the bulletin will appear on the cameraÖ³ LCD monitor.
- Complete the firmware update past pressing the <Gear up> button.
The firmware update is now completed.
When the firmware update operations are finished, turn the camera <OFF> and remove battery from the camera for at least two seconds. This will cause the new firmware to have effect after the battery has been reloaded and the camera is turned on.
Format the SD card before using it again.
Verifying the firmware Version
- Plough the Ability Switch <ON>, and printing the <MENU> button.
- Press the Cross keys, and you will see the “Firmware Ver.X.Ten.10” at the stop of the settings shown in Ó“et-upwards four (Yellowish)Ó®
- This is the currently installed firmware version number.
Select P mode (or one of the other modes in the creative zone). The version of the firmware will not appear in the basic zone.
If an Fault message appears during the firmware update
If this screen appears, remove the battery and check to make certain that there are no problems with the battery capacity or with the firmware update file on the SD card.
If there are no bug, repeat the update operations again.
If the trouble persists, please contact the Canon Customer Back up Center in your region.