AF-Southward NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
October nineteen, 2016
The fast telephoto zoom lens in response to the advanced demands of professionals
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to denote the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, a next-generation fast zoom lens compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras that offers a consistently fast maximum discontinuity of f/ii.viii throughout its entire zoom range.
The AF-Southward NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR is approximately 110 thou lighter than the current AF-S NIKKOR seventy-200mm f/2.8G ED VR 2, contributing to the photographer’s ability to remain focused on shooting, fifty-fifty for long periods of time. The lens structure provides atmospheric condition-resistant operation with anti-grit and waterdrop-resistant capabilities. Furthermore, Nikon’s sectional fluorine glaze applied to the extreme front end surface achieves loftier antifouling performance and pare-resistant backdrop. The weather-resistant performance combined with the reduced weight makes this lens highly active equipment that supports shooting in diverse environments.
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR supports even meliorate resolution throughout the entire zoom range than the AF-Due south NIKKOR 70-200mm f/two.8G ED VR II, which is well-known for its superior resolution, and it consistently maintains that resolution all the way to the edges of the frame. Adoption of one fluorite, ane High Refractive Index (HRI) lens, and half-dozen ED glass elements provides effective compensation for a diverseness of aberration. This, in conjunction with ghost- and flare-reducing Nano Crystal Coat, ensures the ultimate in rendering characteristics. In addition to the superior optical performance afforded by these technologies, support for the fast f/ii.8 maximum aperture throughout the unabridged 70-200mm zoom range enables the shallow depth of field and large background blur necessary for photographic expression that emphasizes the principal subject.
The Vibration Reduction (VR) function ensures a stable viewfinder image that makes it piece of cake to track even fast and erratically moving subjects. Further, it is equipped with SPORT mode, which maintains focus on rapidly moving subjects, fifty-fifty with loftier-speed continuous shooting. What’s more, compared to the electric current AF-S NIKKOR seventy-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Two, VR functioning immediately after the power-on has been greatly improved with the VR function activated by one-half-pressing of the shutter-release button right after the power is turned on, instantly enabling a stable viewfinder image and fine resulting images with maximized blur-reduction effect. Likewise, in NORMAL mode, the VR function provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops* faster with measurement in accordance with CIPA standards. AF tracking performance for subjects with unpredictable movement has too been increased, and adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism realizes consistently stable exposure command, fifty-fifty with loftier-speed continuous shooting.
In comparison with the current AF-Due south NIKKOR seventy-200mm f/two.8G ED VR II, reduction of the minimum focus distance and increase in the maximum reproduction ratio enable photographic expression similar to close-up shooting. Moreover, the grip on the lens when shooting has been improved, and superior operation has been achieved with consideration of the finest details, including adoption of iv focus function buttons, and a tripod collar band that enables quick and smooth switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
The AF-Southward NIKKOR 70-200mm f/ii.8E FL ED VR very successfully combines agility with astonishing optical performance throughout the most oftentimes used zoom range. It responds to the advanced demands of both professional and amateur photographers in a diversity of genres, including press, sports, advert, portrait, and wedding photography, with superior performance.
- *When a digital SLR camera equipped with a full-size, 35mm flick equivalent image sensor is used. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.
- ·Fluorite lens: Thoroughly blocks the secondary spectrum, which is the cause of chromatic aberration, providing effective compensation for chromatic abnormality even at longer focal lengths. Fluorite lenses provide excellent chromatic aberration compensation in the visible light spectrum. Lighter than common optical drinking glass, using them at the forepart of the lens moves the center of gravity closer to the camera for easier handling.
- ·High Refractive Index (HRI) lens: Provides simultaneous compensation for curvature of field and spherical aberration. Ane HRI lens chemical element can offer compensation furnishings equivalent to those obtained with several normal optical glass elements. Therefore, HRI lenses achieve superior optical performance in a smaller and lighter package.
- ·ED glass: Effectively reduces the colour fringing that ofttimes occurs as focal length increases.
- Adoption of fluorite and Loftier Refractive Index (HRI) lens elements, as well as a magnesium-blend parts ensure superior agility with a lighter weight compared to the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR 2
- Thorough adoption of anti-dust and waterdrop-resistant structure with which all moving parts of the lens barrel are sealed confronting dust and water droplets
- Nikon’due south exclusive fluorine coat has been applied to the external surface of the front lens element
This highly durable fluorine glaze effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and clay, and has superior anti-reflection characteristics that contribute to the capture of clear images
- Consistently superior resolution, all the way to the edges of the frame, throughout the entire zoom range
- Nano Crystal Glaze adopted for its superior anti-reflection furnishings and constructive reduction of ghost and flare for sharp, clear images
- Vibration Reduction (VR) function optimized for sports photography with built-in SPORT style, which is also constructive with movie recording
This enables comfortable high-speed continuous shooting with no drop in frame rate or increase in release fourth dimension lag
- VR performance immediately after the camera is turned on has been greatly increased compared to the AF-S NIKKOR lxx-200mm f/two.8G ED VR Ii
- In NORMAL mode, the VR function provides an outcome equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops* faster with measurement in accordance with CIPA standards
With the employment of a newly developed algorithm, barrel vibration transmitted to the hands and audio caused when the AF bulldoze starts/stops are remarkably reduced and suppressed
- AF tracking functioning for subjects with unpredictable movement, including those whose speed of movement changes and those that movement rapidly toward the camera, has been increased
- Adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism enables stable exposure control, even with loftier-speed continuous shooting
- Compared to the AF-S NIKKOR seventy-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Ii, minimum focus distance throughout the entire zoom range is reduced from 1.iv m to i.1 m, and maximum reproduction ratio increased from 0.11x to 0.21x
- Positioning of the zoom ring about the front of the lens and the focus ring closer to the mountain ensures a ameliorate grip when shooting
- Iv focus role buttons that enable quick and certain focusing are positioned so that they are readily accessible regardless of shooting orientation (horizontal or vertical)
- Extremely durable bearings adopted for the tripod collar ring, enabling quick and smooth switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientation
- *When a digital SLR camera equipped with a total-size, 35mm moving picture equivalent prototype sensor is used. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.
Specifications, pattern, product name and supplied accessories may differ by state or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to modify without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject area to change without observe.