Ideas for friend photoshoots
If you are looking for a new and fun activity for you lot and your best friends forever, friend photoshoots are a not bad way to capture the laughs and love between you all. It creates dozens, or mayhap even
, of memories for you lot all to look back on in the years to come. 💕
But how do you take cute friend photoshoots?
We’ve got y’all! Here’south your go-to guide with 5 tips for cute best friend pictures.
Here’southward what we cover:
- Occasions for friend photoshoots
- Where to shoot
- What to wear
- How to pose and best friend picture ideas
- What props to use
Photo: Flytographer in Los Angeles.
Rochelle and friends capture memories on a girls’ trip to Los Angeles with a friend photoshoot.
1. Occasions for a friends photograph session
While yous never need a reason to dress up and take pictures with your besties, if at that place is a special occasion on the horizon, snapping some BFF pictures is a bully way to celebrate!
Here are a few unlike occasions to take a best friend photography session:
– Is your birthday coming up, or i of your BFFs? This would be a great way to make them feel extra special! Take a combination of solo photos of them, one-on-ane photos, and group photos to commemorate their altogether. And so, of grade, postal service the pictures to Instagram and other social media platforms to share the special twenty-four hours.
Bachelorettes – Matching robes? Champagne? 🥂 All your besties/bridesmaids in 1 place? You are practically obligated to take a 1000000 pictures!
– A large group of your friends on a road trip to the spa, beach, mountain, or some other exciting destination is the perfect occasion for a photoshoot with friends.
– If some of your BFFs live far away, merely you accept a reunion finally coming upward, yous have to take some pictures. Save the moment because you lot might not know when yous will see them next!
– What amend fashion to hype yourself or one of your friends up if someone needs a mood boost? A all-time friend photography session volition brand most anyone cheer up!
Photograph: Guido in Rome for Flytographer.
Julian and friends capture memories on a friend’s trip to Rome with a photoshoot.
2. Where to take pictures with your friends
A photoshoot is a perfect way to discover new places effectually your boondocks or city while trying to notice the most properties-worthy locations for your session. And, simply maybe, you will even find your new favourite spot while on the chase for the most picturesque identify!
Outdoor locations result in the best photos because natural light always trumps studio lights. 🌞
Hither are some ideal locations for outdoor photo sessions:
– Your local beach or lake is a corking identify to snap some pics, specially on a sunny day or at golden hr.
– Back alleys are gems, and perfect for backdrops, whether it’s an alleyway with exposed brick or a beautifully painted mural. While tight alleys can be better for solo pictures or selfies rather than a group of friends, they are yet fun to pose in front of if you tin can all squeeze in!
– Even if information technology is but your backyard garden, you can’t go incorrect with colourful flowers and greenery as your background. If you don’t accept a garden, yet, Google search for “Gardens Nearly Me” to notice a beautiful local garden.
Local ice cream shop
– Something sweet e’er brings out a smile. If you lot take a restaurant with a retro expect, even better!
Local coffee shop
– Similar to the idea above, local coffee shops e’er take an atmosphere that is great for pics, whether it is of your latte or of you and your friends!
Photograph: Gabriela in Dubai for Flytographer.
Saira captures memories with a friend in Dubai.
3. What to habiliment for a friends photoshoot
One of the best parts of a friends shoot is that you get to wearing apparel up. You lot tin can dust off the fancy dresses you maybe rarely ever become a gamble to wear and swap your dirty Converse for some heels — or you can go casual also! 👗
Our best tip is to habiliment any makes you feel
. You lot desire to experience confident in front end of the camera and the right outfit and make-up tin help you do simply that.
Here are some outfit ideas for you lot and your friends:
Matchy friction match
– If you lot have a big grouping of besties joining the shoot, matching your outfits can brand for some really fun photos (and avoid any outfit clashing).
– Exercise y’all and your friends have fancy dresses that only see the light of day mayhap once a year? Bring them out and bosom out the crimson lip for a golden 60 minutes shoot.
Black & white
– You can’t go wrong with the basic black and white outfit combo. Oftentimes with large groups, it’s safer to get with a neutral theme to avert colour overload.
Check out our
for a more in-depth guide to choosing outfits that will assist you experience your best in front end of the photographic camera.
4. Posing ideas for friend photoshoots
When the camera is on you lot, information technology’s normal to feel panicked and only throw upwards a peace sign because what in the world are yous supposed to do with your hands?
Unless your job is to pose for a camera, it doesn’t come naturally. It’s really a lot harder than information technology looks!
Don’t worry! Here are some flick ideas for cute all-time friend poses:
The “Better Together”
– This is a keen pose for two friends or a grouping of friends. All you do is walk side-past-side and link your arms together … and of course, flash a grin or laugh for the camera!
The “Charlie’southward Angel”
– Inspired by the Charlie’southward Affections franchise, an crawly Idiot box show and movie, this is a girl boss pose to do with ii of your BFFs. And then, how do you practice it? Starting time, you need to stand up next to each other. Second, you lot all make finger guns with your easily. The two people standing on each finish will signal their fingers upwardly to the side while the person in the heart holds theirs upward. This is a super fun pose for whatever trio!
“The Beatles Walk”
– Based on the famous anthology cover of The Beatles, “Abbey Road,” this is a great photography pose to do with a larger group of friends. I’one thousand sure you know it, but simply for a refresh, all you need to do is detect a crosswalk and walk beyond it. Brand sure you look both ways first!
For more posing inspiration for friend photoshoots, cheque out our
Happy Best Friends 24-hour interval!
weblog mail service.
Photo: Claudia in Playa Del Carmen for Flytographer.
Melanie and friends capture memories on a girls’ trip to Playa Del Carmen with a friend photoshoot.
v. Props for friend photoshoots
Do y’all know what makes taking photos even more fun and cute? Props! 🕶
When information technology comes to props, become artistic! At that place are opportunities here to run to the full general store for some quick ones or even get together your own DIY props.
If you’re not certain what props to bring to your shoot, hither are a few ideas:
– Brand certain to pick a smart location for this prop because equally you can wait, it gets messy. 🎊 (Another item to bring aslope the confetti is a broom!)
Water ice cream
– We know by now that local shops make for a great shoot location! Order a vanilla cone, slide into a booth and pose.🍦 It’south prissy and easy … and sweet!
Tiara or crown
– Flash not but a grinning just some bling during your shoot. Whether it is someone’south birthday, bachelorette party, or not, a tiara will exist a powerful statement in your pics. 👑
– No affair how quondam you are, bubbles stay fun. They also happen to look stunning in photos! There is a variety of poses y’all can practise with bubbling: you can blow them at the camera, at your BFF, or up to the sky. Once again, this saves you from not knowing what to practise with your hands when the photographic camera is pointed at you lot!
Photo: Marta in Venice for Flytographer.
Chi and friends capture memories on a girls’ trip to Venice with a friend photoshoot.
Capturing memories with friend photoshoots
These photoshoot ideas volition help you capture memories with your best friends forever. 💗
All the same, the 1 problem that remains with trying to get an amazing group photo of your best friends all by yourselves is that unless a stranger is milling effectually and willing to take your BFF pictures, there is always someone left out!
When you book a Flytographer, you are ensuring that every one of you and your friends is part of the fun. Nobody is left behind.
Not to mention, you are too guaranteed to get astonishing high-quality photos — none that are overexposed or blurry, or have a sliver of a finger roofing the photographic camera. 😉 But beautiful results from a pro.