We’re at the beginning of a brand new internet: NFTs are the consumer entry point to crypto and represent the bones building blocks for the peer-to-peer economies of the future. Our long-term vision is to empower creators and communities of all kinds to attain economic independence in a new digital economic system. While empowerment comes in many forms, nosotros believe that deeper connections and collaboration among the NFT community is crucial.
Then today, nosotros’re excited to announce two new community investment programs – Ecosystem Grants and OpenSea Ventures – aimed at supporting the creators, teams, and emerging technologies advancing the global growth of web3 and NFTs.
Introducing OpenSea Ventures
Launched today, OpenSea Ventures is our brand new investment arm supporting the next generation of founders building protocols, companies, teams, and ideas that will power the future of open web3 economies. Led by OpenSea co-founder Alex Atallah, OpenSea Ventures will aid the most promising developers and creators realize their visions to abound Web3 through NFTs, decentralized systems, and other novel blockchain uses. OpenSea Ventures will invest beyond the web3 ecosystem but focus investments beyond four main themes:
- The continued shift to a multichain world, both for fungible and not-fungible items
- Creating and supporting NFT-related protocols
- Social and gaming projects serving as distribution mechanisms for crypto and NFT elements
- The emergence of NFT aggregators and analytics supporting activity on OpenSea and other NFT market platforms
Every bit the world’due south leading peer-to-peer market for NFTs, we’re excited to back builders who share our vision for the role of NFTs in web3 adoption, and who marshal with our cadre operating principles of trust, inclusivity, and choice.
Benefits for portfolio companies
In an try to accelerate the hereafter of NFTs, OpenSea Ventures volition offer strategic capital letter, backed past resources and connections across our global partners. Specifically, teams will take:
- Direct access to OpenSea leadership
- Access to OpenSea’south nigh helpful strategic and venture partners, including a16z, Image, Standard Crypto, Animoca Brands, Electric Uppercase, Abracadabra Ventures, A* Capital (Kevin Hartz), 1confirmation, Katie Haun, 3LAU, and more
- Assist with NFT security and improving NFT standards, and integration with docs.opensea.io, where appropriate
- Guest weblog posts on opensea.io/weblog, where appropriate
- Connections with leading NFT creators and OpenSea Ecosystem Grant recipients
We hope that OpenSea Ventures will provide Web3 developers and NFT creators around the world with the resource they need to build new decentralized economies that requite creators, developers, and consumers greater liberty and ownership.
…and our ecosystem grants program!
Also introduced today, we’re thrilled to share our new Ecosystem Grants programme: aimed at elevating creators, developers, and passionate community members working to enrich and aggrandize the NFT ecosystem.
Nosotros encounter Ecosystem Grants as a style to kickstart community ideas and provide ongoing financial support to initiatives that we believe accept the potential to expand web3 and the NFT universe. In the spirit of our visitor mission, we expect forward to allocating grants across three primary categories, which we plan to broaden as nosotros receive community feedback:
- Usability and tooling: Improving the user experience of buying, selling and transferring NFTs, equally well every bit tooling that empowers and unlocks inventiveness for NFT creators.
- Community Education: Resources and back up to onboard and educate new users to brand NFTs and web3 more outgoing.
- Accessibility and inclusivity: Creating a infinite where all individuals accept access to the opportunity and promise of NFTs.
Given the range and diversity of eligible projects, funding amounts will vary. We volition review and distribute Grants through a rolling selection process, considering project telescopic and relevance, potential impact, team composition, long-term sustainability, and speed (we’re looking for projects that tin exist initially executed within at to the lowest degree two quarters of receiving the grant). Our ambition is to make the review process as transparent and interactive as possible: we’ll start the program past selecting our review committee, refining our funding criteria, then we’ll introduce opportunities to engage with the committee, run across OpenSea grantees, and shape future categories and challenges.
We’re edifice toward a future in which creators and communities are empowered to reach economical independence in a new digital economy. We’re excited to introduce OpenSea Ventures and Ecosystem Grants programs to help us forge deeper, more collaborative relationships with the community of Web3 and NFT builders.
This space moves quickly, and so will we. More to come here soon! In the meantime, if you lot’re a builder, founder, or creator focused on advancing the NFT and Web3 space, we’d love to come across you. For more than information nearly OpenSea Ventures, click hither. To get involved with Ecosystem Grants, apply here.
Nosotros await forward to helping advance the NFT ecosystem and building aslope talented community members who share like dreams.