The Sony α7 III is an interchangeable-lens mirrorless camera with a 35mm full-frame image sensor, 24.2MP resolution, 5-axis stabilization, fast automobile-focus response, and full-frame 4K HDR.
Is it good for video, vlogging, video production, videographers, videography?
Sony a7III Price in Singapore
As at March 2019…
- Body Simply (ILCE-7M3) Due south$ii,899.00
- Trunk + 28-70mm Zoom Lens (ILCE-7M3K) S$three,299.00
SD Carte du jour
4K recording employs XAVC South format at bitrates every bit high as 100 Mbps. A Class 10 or college SDHC/SDXC bill of fare is required for XAVC South format movie recording. UHS Speed Class 3 or college menu is required for 100 Mbps recording.
Recommended Memory Cards:
- SanDisk Farthermost Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I V30 U3 Class10 95MBPS Card (for slots 1 and ii, must have V30)
- Sandisk Farthermost Pro 128 GB SDXC UHS-II U3 Class10 300MBPS Carte du jour (for slot i just, for 4K recording)
Note: 128GB is only comfortable to shoot a long event video. 128GB holds well-nigh 2.five hours of video. 64GB is too modest, hence you need to keep changing cards. 256GB is possible, but it’southward a personal option. At that place are other brands, but I have been using Sandisk for years without problems.
Sony a7 III vs Sony a7 Ii
|Sony a7 3||Sony a7 Ii|
Mar 2019 US$1998
Mar 2019 Us$998
|Released Feb 2018||Released November 2014|
|10fps silent (photograph)||5fps (photo)|
|ISO 50-51,200||ISO 50-25,600|
|693 stage notice points||117 stage notice points|
|Faster Auto Focus||–|
|Better Battery Life||–|
|Touch-screen Focus||No Touch-screen Focus 😟|
|FHD 120p, 4K 30p max||FHD 60p max 😟|
|2 SD Menu Slots||one SD Card Slot|
|— same —|
|Microphone Input||Microphone Input|
|Headphone Output||Headphone Output|
|5-centrality stabilisation||5-axis stabilisation|
|thirty-min video limit 😟||30-min video limit 😟|
|No Flip Screen 😟||No Flip Screen 😟|
|— extra info —|
|Best SD Card:
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I V30 U3 Class10 95MBPS Carte (for slots 1 and 2, must have V30)
Sandisk Farthermost Pro 128 GB SDXC UHS-II U3 Class10 300MBPS Card (for slot 1 only, for 4K recording)
|Best SD Bill of fare:
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I V30 U3 Class10 95MBPS Card
Sony a7 III fives Sony a7R III
The Sony Blastoff A7R Iii combines a loftier-resolution sensor with an impressive 10fps continuous shooting speed and powerful 4K video features.
But the new Sony Alpha A7 III matches information technology in practically every respect except resolution, has a ameliorate autofocus arrangement and buffer chapters in continuous shooting mode, and sells for less than two-thirds the toll.
The a7R III costs $2000 more, but the A7 III has better AF and better depression light performance.
EVF = Electronic View Finder
VS Panasonic GH5
GH5 is lighter, with camera and lens, x-bit codec, and deeper depth of field, and will tape until the SD card fills
The A7III is heavier, camera and lenses, 8-bit codec, shallower depth of field, better continuous autofocus, better dynamic range, and better high ISO performance, and stops recording after 30 minutes.
VS Canon EOS R
The Canon EOS R is nigh the same price but doesn’t take 5-centrality stabilization, no dual SD menu slots, 4K cropped at x1.74.
VS Canon M50
The Canon M50 4K is only 24fps with crop.
Sony A7III Best Video Settings
- — RESETTING THE CAMERA —
- Go to Menu tab5 screen7.
- Setting Reset | Initialize | OK (Do this just once when y’all take over the photographic camera from someone else who may have messed up the setting)
- — SETTING TO VIDEO Manner —
- Gear up Manner Dial to video mode.
- Ensure Exposure Compensation Dial is at 0.
- — FORMATTING SD CARD —
- Insert the SD Card.
- Press the MENU button.
- Get to Menu tab5 screen5.
- Format SD CARD. (Do this once for every new project to ensure sufficient storage space)
- — SETTING UP Bill of fare SLOTS —
- Become to Menu tab5 screen6.
- Rec. Media Settings | Prioritize Rec. Media: Slot ane | Recording Fashion: Simult (video) | Auto Switch Media: On
- — SETTING UP FOR VIDEO OPERATION —
- Get to Bill of fare tab5 screen2.
- Auto Pwr OFF Temp.: High
- Touch on Functioning: On
- Go to Menu tab2 screen3.
- Motion picture w/ shutter: On
- — SETTING MONITOR Effulgence —
- Get to Menu tab5 screen1.
- Monitor Brightness | Brightness Setup: Sunny Atmospheric condition
- — SETTING STABILIZATION —
- Go to Menu tab2 screen4.
- SteadyShot: (Off when using tripod / On when handheld)
- — SETTING Transmission EXPOSURE —
- Go to Menu tab2 screen1.
- Exposure Mode: Manual Exposure
- — SETTING FILE FORMAT —
- File Format: XAVC S 4K / XAVC S Hd / AVCHD
- Record Setting: 30p 100M (XAVC South 4K) / 30p 50M (XAVC S HD)
- — FIXING SHUTTER SPEED —
- FIX the shutter speed to i/sixty past adjusting the Rear Dial.
- — SETTING ISO —
- Press Fn.
- Ready ISO: 800 (the native limit in S-Log)
- — SETTING DISPLAY —
- Press DISP.
- Turn on Histogram and Level.
- — SETTING CONTINUOUS AUTOFOCUS —
- Printing Fn.
- Focus Style: Continuous AF
- Focus Surface area: Expand Flexible Spot
- Get to Menu tab1 screen6.
- Set. Face up
in AF: On | Face
Frame Dsp: On
- — SETTING WHITE BALANCE —
- Press Fn.
- White Balance | Custom Setup | Point the photographic camera at a white or greyness object | Press the control wheel
- — SETTING Artistic Way —
- Get to Menu tab1 screen12.
- Artistic Way: Standard
- — ADJUSTING Discontinuity —
- Set the aperture for exposure depending on the scene by adjusting the front dial.
- — SETTING Audio —
- Go to Carte du jour tab2 screen2.
- Audio Recording: On
- Sound Rec Level: Adjust and so level won’t hitting the red.
- — SETTING FOR SILENT OPERATION —
- Go to Bill of fare tab2 screen9.
- Audio Signals: Off
- — SETTING ZEBRA INDICATORS —
- Go to Menu tab2 screen6.
- Zebra Setting | Display: On | Level: seventy
- — SETTING Manual FOCUS ASSIST —
- Get to Menu tab1 screen13.
- MF Aid: On
- Peaking Setting | Display: On | Level: Mid | Colour: White
- — SETTING Motion picture Profile —
- Go to Menu tab5 screen1.
- Gamma Disp Assistance: Auto
- Go to Menu tab1 screen12.
- Picture Profile | PP1 to PP2 | Personal Preference
- Motion-picture show Profiles:
- Cine4 Profile for dark shoots | From https://youtu.exist/wSesP08LCcs | Black Level: +5, Gamma: Cine4, Black Gamma Range: Middle, Blackness Gamma Level: +6, Knee Mode: Manual/Point:fourscore%/Gradient:+2, Color Mode: South-Gamut3 Cine, Saturation: +3, Color Phase: +3 | Color Depth: R+ane/1000-2/B+iii/C+iii/G+3/Y0 | Item Level: 0
- S-Log2 Profile for daytime 120fps shoots | From https://youtu.be/wSesP08LCcs | Blackness Level: +5 | Gamma: S-Log2 | Blackness Gamma Range: Wide, Level: +v | Knee Fashion: Manual, Point:lxxx%, Slope:+2 | Color Fashion: S-Gamut3 Cine | Saturation: +iii | Color Phase: +3 | Color Depth: R+2/G-0/B+3/C+3/M+2/Y+two | Item Level: 0
- S-Log3 Profile for daytime 120fps shoots | From https://youtu.exist/wSesP08LCcs | Black Level: +v | Gamma: S-Log3 | Black Gamma Range: Wide, Level: +5 | Knee Way: Transmission, Betoken: 80%, Slope: +2 | Colour Mode: S-Gamut3 Cine | Saturation: +3 | Color Phase: +3 | Color Depth: R+1/Thou-0/B+3/C+3/Chiliad+2/Y+2 | Detail Level: 0
- Get to SECOND MENU TAB
- Gear up dial i custom setting for regular 4K shoots | File Format: XAVC S 4K | Record Setting: 24p 100M | Shutter: i/fifty | Aperture: Widest if possible | ISO: 800 (the native limit in S-logs)
- Ready punch two custom setting for slow motility 120p shoots | File Format: XAVC S HD | Record Setting: 120p 100M | Shutter: 1/250 | Aperture: Widest if possible | ISO: 800 (the native limit in Due south-Log3)
- AF bulldoze speed: Normal
- AF Track Sensitivity: Responsive
- Audio Recording: On
- Sound Level Brandish: On
- Grid Line: Rule of 3rds Grid
What is BT.2020?
Rec. 2020 or BT.2020, defines various aspects of ultra-loftier-definition tv (UHDTV) with standard dynamic range (SDR) and wide color gamut (WCG), including picture resolutions, frame rates with progressive scan, bit depths, colour primaries, RGB and luma-blush color representations, chroma subsampling, and an optoelectronic transfer function. – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rec._2020
What is HLG?
HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) for instant HDR workflow. The HLG motion-picture show contour supports instantaneous HDR workflow. Movies recorded in HLG flick mode will appear true-to-life with minimized black-crush or blown highlights that tin can deteriorate gradation and details, without color grading.
No flip screen. Vloggers need that.
Sony a7iii Operating Manual
- https://world wide web.digitalrev.com/article/sony-a7ii-v-sony-a7iii-should-you-upgrade
- https://world wide web.techradar.com/sg/news/sony-alpha-a7-three-vs-a7r-3
- Maarten Heilbron’s Sony A7 Iii Best Video Settings https://youtu.be/9Rh7IDnroPk
To exist continued…
Weight | Price | Review | Release Date | Accessories | Firmware
vs GH5 | vs a7riii | vs a6500 |vs a9 |vs a7 | vs Nikon Z6 | vs Canon EOS R | vs Fuji XT3 | vs a7 II
Best Video Lenses | All-time Video Settings