Have yous ever read some strange abbreviated words such every bit ATM, FFTB and OOTD in your friends’ posts on Facebook or Instagram?
Don’t get information technology wrong – ATM doesn’t mean automatic teller machine when your social media friends post a selfie or a moving-picture show showing what they are doing or where they are at a moment.
Our world and way of life are indeed changing drastically. In this world of smart phones, tablets, Net, mobile apps, social media and other digital wonders, anybody should go on up with the conversation.
Larn some of the almost common Internet slang words and abbreviations used past Filipinos today so that you won’t become a clueless person when you see one on your social media newsfeed and messages.
The following are some of the nigh usual Internet slang terms used in the Philippines:
– At this Moment
BAE– Before Anyone Else
– Best Friends Forever
– Behind The Scenes (Sometimes used as “Exist In that location Before long”)
– Flashback Friday
– A gesture in which the palm of i’s hand is brought to one’due south face. This means an expression of disbelief, shame, frustration or disappointment.
– Fresh from the bathroom. A term used past someone who just finished taking a bath.
– For the Win
– From Where I Stand
– Happy Birthday
– I Don’t Know
– Curt for Instagrammers or people who use Instagram.
– In my Humble Opinion
– Let me Know
– Express joy Out Loud
ICYMI– In Example You Missed It
– If You lot Know What I Mean
– Just Got Home
– Kicks (Shoes) of the 24-hour interval
– Laughing My Ass Off
–Indifference or mediocrity, equivalent to shoulder shrug
– Another Tagalog term for “nganga” (open-mouthed), an expression used past Filipinos who have lost excitement, who are bored, feeling lazy, or accept nothing to do for the day.
– It means no filters were used to enhance a certain photo posted on social media.
– New or inexperienced person
– An expression used by someone who’s having a difficulty in agreement the English words spoken by the person whom he’south talking with.
– No Problem
– Not Safe for Work
– Note to Self
– Oh My God
– Outfit of the Day
– Outfit of the Night
– A discussion used to draw people who try to deed, speak or audio beautiful like a child or a babe. It besides means “pacute” in Tagalog. The term can take many other meanings. It can also exist used to describe someone who is narcissistic or who e’er like to brand himself/herself the center of people’s attraction.
– To procrastinate
– Photo Of The Day
–Rolling On The Flooring (laughing is unsaid)
– Situation Normal, All Fouled Up
– A photograph that 1 has taken of oneself usually with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone.
– A photo of 1’s feet taken past oneself.
– It means “swolen selfie” or a selfie taken past someone just after a hard workout at the gym. Swelfie can too mean a “swimsuit selfie”.
– Thank You Very Much
– To Be Honest
– Throwback Thursday
– Thanks in Advance
– Talk To You Later
– Besides Much Information
– What the F*ck
– You lot Only Live Once
– Y’all’re Welcome
– Hugs & Kisses
– For Certain
So how many of the Cyberspace slang higher up have yous got the meaning right? How many of those terms do you lot always use as a hastagh?
If you have whatsoever other popular Pinoy Internet slang in mind or if you have some suggestions and corrections, feel free to share it with united states past making a annotate below.
Finally, don’t forget to share this to your friends on social media so that the adjacent fourth dimension you make a mail on your Facebook or Instagram account, they would understand y’all improve. 🙂
Well-nigh Rig Man
Rig Man is a Filipino nationalist. He loves to travel through infinite and time – through astronomy, history and geology.